Wherever you go nowadays, you will see people with headphones in their ears and in a wide variety of styles and designs. There’s never been a time before when so many people were walking around and going about their business and listening to something which they wanted to hear!
There’s music, phone conversations, talks, lectures, audiobooks and other things which people are listening in to as they go about their daily lives. The obvious most modern types of headphones are the wireless type, which are beneficial in so many ways as there’s no cables hanging everywhere and all you have to do is easily place them over or into your ears, and away you go! But what are these amazing headphones all about and how do they actually work? Check out the official site for JBL speakers and headphones, for more info.
This is the World of Today
Cordless headphones are yet another kind of technology which has done away with the standard wire that used to connect the headset to the audio source.
- All wireless headphone sets make use of a transmitter and a built-in headphone receiver to receive and send audio signals without any wires.
The three technologies made use of being:
- Bluetooth technology
- Radio frequency (RF) waves
- Infrared (IR) light waves
Let’s Look at All of Them
Everyone knows the name Bluetooth, but what is it all about? Bluetooth wireless headphones are yet one more modern piece of technology.
- These are typically made to be used with people’s mobile personal electronics.
A number of applications include:
- Hands-free cell phone usage
- MP3 players
- Personal digital assistants (PDAs)
Also, Bluetooth technology can create something called a “Personal Area Network” (PAN), which links devices all together in a personal network.
- A pair of RF wireless headphones can receive a signal from the headphones transmitter from up to around 100 metres away.
- The transmitter must be attached to the audio-out ports of the source, which is normally a television or home entertainment system.
- Radio waves can go around objects and through any walls and ceilings, which makes these headphones just perfect for making use of in the home or office.
IR wireless headphones use an alternative type of modern technology and instead of broadcasting radio waves, the IR transmitter uses what are known as “light-emitting diodes” (LEDs) to shoot off a beam of infrared light, just like how remote controls work.
- This kind of headphones must be able to have a clear line of sight to the transmitter, without any obstructions like furnishings or anybody passing in between the transmitter and receiver.
Due to the fact that walls can block light waves, the IR signal never departs from a room, which makes IR cordless headphones the perfect choice for those who prefers to have compartmentalised listening.
With such a great selection, there has to be one which is perfect for everybody!